Job Opening: Platform Integration Engineer, IDEA Factory (full-time)
The Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute (Mtech) seeks a professional who will integrate a set of new platform services into university systems and provide an onboarding process for platform users. This position will collaborate with other university departments to establish integration agreements with university data and systems such as Library Data, Data Repository Sites (Box, Google Drive), Medical Systems (MPOWER3), and Research Projects.
The Platform Integration Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining robust and scalable APIs that will power our applications and enable seamless integration with external systems. You will also develop collaboration requirements and systems, provide requirements and feedback to the Platform team, and ensure that the University's technology systems are aligned with industry best practices.
The A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland catalyzes high-quality research, innovation, and learning, preparing our students to create innovations that will address the 21st century Grand Challenges (e.g., energy, environment, security, and human health) and improve the human condition. The Clark School is dedicated to leading and transforming the engineering discipline and profession, to accelerating entrepreneurship, and transforming research and learning activities into innovations that benefit millions.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in technology services, with experience in higher education
- Integrate new platform services into University systems, ensuring that all platforms are integrated effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and implement an onboarding process for platform users, including training materials and support resources.
- Establish integration agreements with university data and systems such as Library Data, Data Repository Sites (Box, Google Drive), Medical Systems (MPOWER3), and Research Projects.
- Develop collaboration requirements and systems to ensure all users can collaborate effectively and efficiently.
- Provide requirements and feedback to the Platform team to ensure all platforms align with the University's technology goals and requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation on all technology systems and processes, including policies and procedures, technical manuals, and training materials.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology trends and best practices and make recommendations to the University leadership team on new technologies and processes that could benefit the University.
- Ensure all technology systems are secure and meet industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with other University departments, including IT, academic, and administrative offices, to ensure that technology systems align with the University's overall goals and objectives.
- Experience managing complex technology systems and processes, including platform integration and user onboarding.
- In-depth knowledge of Web Services technologies and protocols, including HTTP, SOAP, JSON, and XML, is necessary.
- Significant experience with integrating APIs with third-party systems, databases, or other services is required. Familiarity with message queues, webhooks, and asynchronous API patterns will be beneficial for building efficient and scalable integrations.
- Knowledgeable in Large Language Models, use of APIs for integration with 3rd party systems, and familiar with Clojure, React, Redux, Electron, CodeMirror, Datamic, HTML, and graph databases.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with technology security and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to generate requirements documentation and work with vendors to manage their execution.
- Ability to test and validate new features and generate tickets for resolution.
- Familiar with utilizing personal knowledge management applications.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and departments.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex technical systems and processes and identify areas for improvement.
Best Consideration Date
June 27, 2023
About the University of Maryland
Founded in 1856, University of Maryland, College Park is the state’s flagship institution. Our 1,250-acre College Park campus is just minutes away from Washington, D.C., and the nexus of the nation’s legislative, executive, and judicial centers of power. This unique proximity to business and technology leaders, federal departments and agencies, and a myriad of research entities, embassies, think tanks, cultural centers, and non-profit organizations is simply unparalleled. Synergistic opportunities for our faculty and students abound and are virtually limitless in the nation’s capital and surrounding areas. The University is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff that will enhance our stature of preeminence in our three missions of teaching, scholarship, and full engagement in our community, the state of Maryland, and in the world.
About the A. James Clark School of Engineering
The A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland serves as the catalyst for high-quality research, innovation, and learning, preparing our students to create innovations that will address the 21st century Grand Challenges (e.g., energy, environment, security, and human health) and improve the human condition. The Clark School is dedicated to leading and transforming the engineering discipline and profession, to accelerating entrepreneurship, and to transforming research and learning activities into new innovations that benefit millions.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Please send your resume and cover letter to following email: email@example.com
Subject line: <FIRST NAME> <LAST NAME> - Platform Integration Engineer - Application